Friday, August 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So I'm back in Winterpeg. The drive was extremely long; I'm pretty proud of myself for doing it all in one day. And for not getting lost once. Not that the directions were that complicated... there were a total of about 8 turns the whole way, and 5 of them were just to get out of Calgary. It's mostly just a long, boring, straight line.

The drive has reinforced my opinion on Ipods... they're a complete waste of money! Why in the world does anyone need 5000 songs? I started at the first song on my 200 song mp3 player leaving Calgary, and THIRTEEN hours later, in Winnipeg, I still hadn't gotten through every song. There were still ten or so left.

After the drive, I crashed for fourteen hours of much needed sleep. It was awesome, except for the awful dream that I had about my new house, in which I discovered that I lived in a horrible, dirty, haunted, spiderwebby little bomb shelter with one wall missing, while Jenwa's room was in the beautiful, happy part of the mansion, right next to the spa/gym.

Fortunately, I got to see the house last night, and although it doesn't actually have a gym or a spa (*sniffle*), my room is perfectly fine. Much better than the first residence room I lived in at UVic, actually, which was about twice as expensive. Except for the EXTREMELY hideously ugly wallpaper. I am definitely going to have to do something about the wallpaper.

Also last night, I got to meet Jenwa's boyfriend, Will. Finally! He was super nice, and they would make adorable children! (and that is the highest form of approval coming from me, heh). We went to hang out at a little pub by our new house, in which we got to see this scary dude poke himself with needles, eat live crickets, and a dead baby rat fetus. And it wouldn't be Winnipeg if he didn't happen to be the friend of this guy we knew in high school, who we ran into briefly at the pub too. *shudder*

No comments: